– am 42 years old.
– am obsessed with music – I spent most of my life working in record stores (remember them?) and had a successful 18 year stint as a club DJ.
– am a massive Dr Who fan and have an awesome collection of Daleks like any good sci-fi geek should. One of them is called Greg. The other Daleks think he smells. Greg can’t really help it. He’s allergic to aluminium based deodorants.
– am fond of sushi. Fond as in I’d like to form a long term, meaningful relationship with it and ride off into the sunset to live happily ever after. Mercury poisoning notwithstanding.
– love watching Project Runway. DON’T YOU DARE JUDGE ME FOR THIS. I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND COMMENT ON YOUR WARDROBE CHOICES IN FRONT OF A JURY OF YOUR PEERS
– collect comic books and action figures. NO MUM THEY’RE NOT DOLLS THEY’RE ACTION FIGURES JEEZ.
– watch a lot of movies and tend to like slow building thrillers and dramas like Zodiac, Ides of March and Drive but have also seen Weird Science over 20 times and can pretty much quote it verbatim. I sometimes like to pretend I’m Kelly LeBrock when I’m showering.
– fall for every scare device in horror films and jump/flinch/yell/scream/momentarily lose control of my bladder far too easily.
– am a spicy food fiend. I like it somewhere between ‘I can’t feel my lips’ and ‘I think I’m gonna die’.
– have been diagnosed with clinical depression, agoraphobia and OPCD. This isn’t the same as OCD. Read up on it. Same but different. I take medication and day to day stick to a strict routine which makes my condition manageable. I’m still loads of fun though. Especially if you like sitting in a darkened room, crying and eating while obsessively completing tasks.
– was a rapper in a truly awful electronic band called ‘Lurex Groove’ in the 90′s with a five foot tall redheaded lesbian who later became a hooker.
– am an unashamed Apple fanboy and love my iMac, iPhone, iPillows. iBed, iUndies, iTissues and iSporks more than rainbows, kittens, chocolate and chocolate rainbow kittens.
– am teaching myself to cook after many years of being a disaster in the kitchen. When I was 19 I tried to make a frittata from memory and created the world’s first ham and asparagus spongecake. Since then I’ve learned to make three dishes. One of them is edible.
– love Hannah-Barbera cartoons – Hong Kong Phooey and Captain Caveman are particular favourites.
– have only been overseas once – to New Zealand – but would one day love to visit Japan, the UK, USA and France. Once I’ve dealt with the agoraphobia/panic attack thing, obvs.
– am an only child. Family lore has it that two sleepless days and nights after I was brought home from the hospital my Dad decided infants with a 12 octave vocal range weren’t his thing and snuck out to book a vasectomy.
– am gay and have known I was from age 12 or so. I’ve never been interested in girls and nearly vomited after an unexpected french kiss with a girl called Natasha on our Year 8 river cruise. I’d just leaned in to tell her how much I liked Bananarama and before I could say ”I know all the dance moves to ‘Love In The First Degree‘ ” I had a mouthful of braces and tongue.
– grew up in a country town in the eastern wheatbelt of Western Australia and moved to the city with my parents at 14. ‘Straya.
– wanted to be an actor from a very early age and reached the dizzying heights of playing a plank of wood from a picket fence like it was an electric guitar in a Bunnings Hardware commercial in 1989. $ucce$$.
– signed with a model agency in the late 80′s and booked a bit of work, appearing in a couple of magazines. I also did a few parades. I was crap at them. I looked like George Michael and walked like a drunken Naomi Campbell.
– have done a bit of voice over work and can do a range of accents and goofy voices.
– think the best song in the world, ever is ‘I Feel Love’ by Donna Summer.